Q. What are typical triggers for needing construction or engineering plans?

Most new development will require construction plans signed by a licensed engineer if proposing more than 2,000 sf of impervious areas (i.e. gravel, asphalt, concrete, roof areas, etc.), more than 7,000 sf of clearing, more than 100 cubic yards of cut or fill, or any development located in critical areas.

Due to complexity of most requirements, some projects may require engineering below these amounts depending on how knowledgeable the contractor or architect is with the jurisdictional requirements.